Who cannot confess to be big on energy drinks?
Like their cousins, soft drinks, these energy drinks are addictive. And add to that their cool looking charismatic cans that make you feel cool in the head sporting one or gulping down the contents in one go!
I must say that advertisers are not helping the cause either. A lot of energy drink manufacturers are knee deep n legal trouble for claiming virtues that are beyond the product.
Here are seven reasons why we at holistic board think that you must avoid them like plague!
- A lot of manufacturers of these drinks will tell you that they don’t just boost your energy but they also boost confidence. They may say that they have medical evidence but in reality, a lot of courts in various countries have scrutinized their claims and they think they are all over exaggerated.
- What they do is infuse a lot of sugars in the drink and you know how unhealthy sugar is even in small quantities.
- There may be a sudden high but the peak will slowly bring with it a dive in energy and that can be really dangerous if you are engaged at that time in some activity that requires your full concentration like an on-filed sport or driving!!
- Caffeine overdose is another likely side effect because all the drinks have been tested in laboratories to prove that they have an excessive amount of caffeine in them which can cause stress and anxiety syndrome in their later years.
- There is a grim world of side effects waiting for people who load up on energy drinks. Apart from type two diabetes, tooth decay, obesity, stomach ulcers, and other lifestyle and degenerative diseases are only waiting to strike.
- They affect mood swings too. Serotonin level is tested to go extremely low for people who drink too much of this beverage. Serotonin is the feel-good hormone and its absence can lead to depression and other mental and psychological disorders.
- It can even kill you! No, we are not kidding; there has been such case in the past when death has resulted or severe conditions because of damage to internal organs has warranted hospitalization. There is still time for you; come out of this addiction!